My Night at the #Imomsohard Comedy Tour



There's nothing like being yelled at to wipe your 4 year old's butt to snap you back to the realities of mom duty. It has been exactly one week since my big mom's night out.
My sister Corey and I went to see "I Mom So Hard" on their comedy tour. If you are unfamiliar with the duo, they were discovered on Youtube. I will link them below. They are moms, they are hilarious, and they keep it REAL. Like really, really real.

Check out their channel

I am a big fan! The ladies (Kristen and Jen) are both Nebraska moms. I discovered them after a video they made on Spanx (google it and thank me later) went viral. I laughed so hard, I thought I was going to pee! Everything they said was so relatable. When I heard they were coming to Tulsa (about an hour from my house), I KNEW I had to go.

I messaged my sister informing her if she didn't already have plans that night, that WE WERE GOING! She agreed and the plans were set in motion.

We decided to stay in a hotel in Tulsa, as neither of us wanted to drive and well, Uber is expensive. We found a place to stay .01 miles from where the show was being held!
I thought it would be fun to get our makeup done (see post from 2/24 for all those details) first and then we headed down.



We got ready at the hotel. I stripped out of my stretch leggings and actually put on jeans (I know, it's basically a miracle), grabbed a cute shirt that I borrowed from my work-bestie and put on some cute shoes.

Since the hotel was so close, we decided to just walk over to the theater. Saturday night downtown was in full swing and the streets were full of people. We got to the theater about 30 mins before the show and their was ALREADY a line forming outside of the door.
It was mostly women ranging from their 20s all the way to their 80s. The moms had TAKEN OVER TULSA.
We were in line in front of a particularly rowdy group who decided to have a little fun with the security guard. I think they might have done a bit of pre-gaming. As we walked into the doors I could hear one of them saying, "You need to be VERRRY thorough. Maybe you should check twice, just to be safe."
We grabbed drinks at the bar and headed to find our seats. My dad had split the cost with me for this trip so I was able to get AMAZING seats, about 5 or 6 rows from the stage. We snapped a few pics and eagerly waited for the show to start.
Corey suggested we go find somewhere to go dancing after the show. I love to dance so I excitedly agreed.

When Kristin and Jen came out on the stage, the whole room erupted into cheers. I must admit that I went into full on fan-girl mode! They started chatting about all the things they had learned on their tours, the ups and downs of being moms and the importance of having mommy friends that understand you.
Next they pulled up their shirts and started wiggling around to show their "mommy" tummys. We were all clapping because, as a woman with her own body insecurities, I WISH I could be so brave.

My personal favorite part of the show came right before the intermission. The ladies asked for women to bring their purses up to the stage. They then preceded to go threw them and show the contents on stage. Jen tried on someones bathing suit (over her clothes) while Kristin ate the skittles from one of the mom bags and threw starburst out of another into the audience. Next they reached a bag that had a phone in it. One of the women in the audience shouted out the code (I assume it was her phone) and in the middle of the show, they FACETIMED HER HUSBAND! They showed the phone around the theater of about 2,000 women. I feel like that is a story that this couple will always tell!
My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. They wrapped up the show with a Q&A portion. My question didn't get picked but my favorite one was from an audience member that asked them to make up a jingle for an outhouse company. Too cute!


All in all the show was a blast. We filed out after with the rest of the mom crowd (some of them a bit more stumbling that others). Our wild night out ended with us at the hotel snack bar, stocking up and then heading back to the room to watch "Isn't It Romantic?".
I was so much fun. It reminded me of the importance to have a "break". You can't pour from an empty cup. I got to come home to two little boys, big hugs and excited faces! That is a feeling that NOTHING can replace.
So now I'm here at home, listening to the washer run and Peppa Pig playing in the living room. I don't feel "bad" for going and having a night out. In the long run, taking small moments for myself will actually make me a better mom.
So let me officially give you permission: Take some time to take care of YOU! They tell you to put your own oxygen mask on first for a reason! Treat self care as a need. I promise you, you will feel so much better. Never forget, beautiful girl: You are so worth it!
Xo,
Kendra B.

*I am in no affiliated with "Imomsohard" and all rights belong to the respective owners.

Comments

  1. As reported by Stanford Medical, It's really the one and ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh an average of 19 kilos less than we do.

    (And realistically, it is not about genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING about "HOW" they eat.)

    BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

    TAP on this link to find out if this easy test can help you decipher your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete
  2. As claimed by Stanford Medical, It's really the ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 pounds lighter than us.

    (And really, it is not about genetics or some secret exercise and EVERYTHING related to "how" they eat.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", not "what"...

    Tap on this link to determine if this easy quiz can help you unlock your real weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To: Open a Wine Bottle Without a Corkscrew

Getting My Makeup Professionally Done

5 Tips and Tricks for Curly Hair